Monday, September 14, 2009

It's never too late...



Ok, so here goes...when I was in 7th grade, my parents took me to the orthodontist. He wanted to break my jaw in addition to braces. Mom would have none of that! Many years later, I decided that I could finally get a consultation just to see what they would say. I was happy because I wouldn't need jaw surgery BUT....I would need to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled. So over summer break, I took the first step. Wisdom teeth were pulled 2 weeks before school started. Pain and a soft diet for a week.



The reason for me getting braces is simply because of my deep bite---can't see it in the before picture since I wanted to make sure you could actually see all of my teeth! (This lovely picture was taken at the orthodontist as a "before" picture.) Because of such a deep bite, my bottom teeth are slowly being worn down which will cause breakage and other issues later. Since I would like to keep all of my teeth, I decided to be pro-active and get braces.
This morning, I went in for the 2 hour appointment and came out a metal mouth! It is a very weird feeling and even weirder to get used to. I now speak with a lisp that I hope goes away soon. (Especially since I have many "S's" in my name!) So....here's to 2 years of braces and various appliances that will straighten these pearly whites!

1 comment:

  1. With the preview from the last blog, I was expecting metal mouth for Evan or Hunter, not you! Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed that things work out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete